Lesley-Ann Trow (LA) is Gorgeous Things Founder & Community Energiser/Manager
♥ ♥ ♥ Gorgeous Things contributors are a passionate bunch of women who love to spread the word about all things eco friendly, holistically healthy and infinitely gorgeous. Learn more about them here
Having suffered eczema as child and occasional bouts as an adult I wanted to be free of this painful and somewhat embarrassing condition. This picture shows me wearing my little white gloves to bed to stop me scratching in my sleep as a child. The condition came and went through my teens and into adulthood. I was sick of hiding my hands that were often covered in cracked and inflamed skin. Nothing seemed to work and every trip to the doctor resulted in the same prescription and no long term solution. I was a girl on a mission, to find products that would not cause my sensitive skin to react. I knew there was no point to just using a hand cream and shower gel with no chemical nasties, what about the shampoo, the conditioner, the household cleaning products and other the skincare and make-up I used everyday?
Using myself and other willing participants as guinea pigs I set out to try several products to find the ones that were the most effective, soothed my sensitive skin, reduced the eczema outbreaks and of course – looked great. Being a girl who likes a fair bit of glamour in her life there were never going to be any boring medicinal looking bottles with hand written labels – the products had to look good on my dressing table too.
How we decide on our stories, products & services
To be included in Gorgeous Things a product, service or business has to measure up to our selection criteria.
- Style & Substance – all products must be highly effective and look fabulous.
- Creating Awareness & Inspiring Action – our website and events are designed to inform and inspire action.
- Natural approach first – whether it’s cleaning your home or fighting the signs of ageing, there are highly effective natural options. We make these super convenient for you to access.
- Nurture yourself - we believe in taking care of yourself, physically, mentally and spiritually. If you put yourself first you will have abundant energy to give to others.
- Nurture the planet – we believe in encouraging businesses to create sustainable products and to look for better ways to re-use and recycle to decrease pressure on scarce resources.
The Gorgeous Things Mission
- In a nutshell – to make it easy for women to look fabulous and feel great naturally.
- On chemicals in cosmetics & household cleaning products – we look forward to a world where chemical-free products are not the alternative – but are the preferred option.
- On spreading the word – we are dedicated to sharing our vision with others by helping them to realise how easy it is to make the change and still get the results they want.
- On Fairtrade & Social Responsibility – we believe helping others less fortunate than ourselves is just an ordinary part of life.
- On Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability – we make all commercial and day to day descisions based on our values, we also consider profitability necessary for our mission to continue to be successful.