Why does everything we do to make our hair look fabulous end up damaging it? Here are my top tips for getting naturally sexy hair that doesn’t involve anything you need a chemistry degree to understand.
- Banana – I know, weird, but it really works. Mix a ripe Banana with either 2 tablespoons of Coconut Milk or 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil. Use it like you would a conditioning mask, wrap your hair up in cling film and a hot towel for 15 minutes. Rinse and then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Mint tea – use as final rinse to give oily hair a nice shine.
- Avoid styling products that contain isopropyl or ethyl alcohol as both dry hair.
- Get your hair trimmed regularly – this may seem elementary but time flies and it’s easy to forget.
- If you have dry hair – wash it only 2 or 3 times per week with a mild SLS-free shampoo.
- Flaxseed Oil is brilliant to nourish hair from the inside out and can easily be added to your diet.
- Avocado makes a great moisturising mask – just mash it up and apply to your hair, cover in a shower cap and rinse it out 30 minutes later. Shampoo and condition as normal.
So there you have it – bring your hair back from the brink of destruction with these simple natural tips.
Now…where’s my straightening iron…