Organic Fairtrade Tea & Our Top 5 Winter Beauty Must Haves
I’m sure it wasn’t this cold last winter. Well, at least this winter we’ll actually get some wear out those boots that cost us all a bomb last year. With that in mind, this newsletter is dedicated to all things ‘winter’, including winter beauty tips, tips for things to do on those chilly weekends and planning for when the weather improves. On the ‘brains’ side of things, there’s an introduction to Fairtrade and how you can get involved. There’s also our new yummy Organic Tea range.Leeanne has taken on the role of Cruise Director here at Gorgeous Things in addition to her everyday role in Business Development and will compile a list each newsletter of fun stuff coming up to help you plan weekends and holidays, including theatre, music, film and the odd crazy event around town.
There’s one other thing I wanted to mention before I leave you to read the rest of the newsletter. The Gorgeous Things website www.gorgeousthings.com.au is about to evolve into something quite special. We’ve been doing product photography around town in some very unexpected locations with some fantastic and often hilarious results. The plan was to make the site as unique and interesting as possible, the results will be there for you to see in August. Ideas for more product photography are needed, so if you can out do my idea for our Cinderella Washing Up Liquid of girls on rollerskates workin’ at the carwash then please don’t be shy. Also, if you’ve played hostess at a ‘Girls Night In’ party and have one of our gorgeous aprons, we’d love to see a photo of you in it. Ideas and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fairtrade – What does it mean?
In the simplest of terms, Fairtrade enables you to benefit an entire community, allowing you to contribute as little or as much as you want, whenever you want. All you need do is purchase products that carry the Fairtrade label.
So, how does it work exactly? Fairtrade is about empowering disadvantaged people by offering them a fair price for their work and giving them access to learn skills and gain knowledge to develop their businesses, while selling their products throughout the world. It’s not a charity, it’s an opportunity to better their lives and the lives of others in their community through a trading system that offers them a fair go. Learn more about Fairtrade
Gorgeous Things is a supporter of Fairtrade and now brings you Organic Fairtrade Hampstead Tea in several varieties. There’s the usual English Breakfast and Earl Grey Tea, Green Tea and a selection of fabulous herbal varieties. Liquorice Fennel sounds bizarre but actually tastes fantastic and works wonders for your digestive system and if you ever have trouble unwinding at the end of the day, Lemon Valerian Tea helps you to relax and drift off to sleep.
So, it’s up to you, more profits to multinational corporations or cheer on the underdog. I know what I’ll be doing!
5 Winter Beauty Must Haves
- Lip Balm – If you can find one that contains Manuka honey, even better.
- Olive Oil for your cuticles – Ouch! Split cuticles, more painful than a paper cut.
- Don’t forget about the sugar scrub from the April Newsletter.
- Coffee Grounds – Leeanne tells me they make a great anti-cellulite scrub mixed with Olive Oil. Ask you local cafe to save you a bag of used coffee grounds and let me know if it works.
- If you’re heading to the snow, all I can say is Sunscreen.
Surviving Winter by the Gorgeous Things Cruise Director, Leeanne Dixon
- It is the time of Winter sports – hope your team is faring well and you are kicking butt in the work tipping competition…
- Winter is a great time to do snuggly things with your fave person/ fave furry friend so why not have a themed DVD weekend – you can choose by director/actor/actress/comedy/romance – pick a theme get a pizza and lots of chocolate and tell us your fave theme/DVD and why….
- Or….get the girls over and treat yourselves to manicures and facials washed down with bubbly of course….
- better still go and have a relaxing aromatherapy massage….
- Tax Time ladies – so don’t forget to gather all those pesky receipts and claim your little hearts out…..
- Winter is the time to plan your Summer holiday so go brochure collecting and choose a great place to visit or just dream about visiting
- Winter is also a great time to plan a summer hair do…..be daring go short and gorgeous and change your colour – think Keira Knightley, Kylie Minogue – GORGEOUS
- Hope you have your summer music festival tickets all booked – just count down the sleeps until you get to see your fave band and winter will just fly by
- Powderfinger, Silverchair and Crowded House are all touring so book those tickets and support some brilliant Aussie talent
Until next month – keep being Gorgeously Gorgeous, Leeanne
Tell Leeanne about an upcomming event email@example.com
In next month’s edition we’ll have the girls from Hampstead Tea telling you all about the glorious benefits of herbal teas and more about the Biodynamic Tea Estate in Makaibari in India where their tea is grown to help illustrate the benefits of Fairtrade. Plus a load of great new natural products to tell you all about.
Till then, keep showing the world that you have style and substance, try a natural product or remedy before you head to the chemicals and pills, look after yourselves and others and take care of our planet so that it can take care of you, me and everyone else. LA x